slayerduck
04/13/16 01:52AM
Mobile Layout Beta #2
Mobile Layout Beta 2nd attempt. Old topic: http://rule34.xxx/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=4872

we're currently testing out our mobile layout, grab your phone and browse to to our site. This is the second deployment so bugs may show up. this topic can be used as a feedback topic.

When reporting a bug please provide your mobile device and browser so we can try to reproduce the problem.

If you want a desktop version almost all decent mobile browsers have the option to do this, with chrome for example you can click the 3 dots menu on the right top then enable the "Request desktop site" and that allows you to get the normal site.

We also have a build in opt-out system now, it can be found in the left 3 stripe menu on your phone or account options here: http://rule34.xxx/index.php?page=account&s=options

Current bugfix list:
(possibly fixed) UNCONFIRMED: PM/DMAIL Offscreen to the right on mobile IE.

Fixed bugs:
PM/DMAIL page stretches to the right.
Forum replying title/body stretches to the right.
Add opt out within our site.
Original image/revert back doesn't work.
Added a bugfix to show menu on IE mobile browsers.
Image upload page stretches to the right.
Cockloving_cumslut
04/13/16 01:55AM
I clicked the option to opt out and saved the settings but nothing changed.
DutchFucker
04/13/16 01:59AM
PM still goes off screen to the right for me
slayerduck
04/13/16 02:03AM
Cockloving_cumslut said:
I clicked the option to opt out and saved the settings but nothing changed.


Your browser needs to be able to accept cookies.

DutchFucker said:
PM still goes off screen to the right for me


Added a comment on the css and js, that should refresh it. Try again now, mobile browsers tend to cache things forever.
Cockloving_cumslut
04/13/16 02:05AM
I'm not complaining when I ask this, just genuinely curious. Why are you guys changing the mobile layout? I didn't see anything wrong with it before, but I might have missed something.
slayerduck
04/13/16 02:08AM
Cockloving_cumslut said:
I'm not complaining when I ask this, just genuinely curious. Why are you guys changing the mobile layout? I didn't see anything wrong with it before, but I might have missed something.


Because the site is shit to use on a mobile device, the text is so small you need to zoom really far to be able to click anything. If you don't like it, you can just go to the desktop layout. Also you say nothing happens when you requested desktop layout? I can't reproduce, tried on Android Firefox/Chrome/Opera and default browser.
Cockloving_cumslut
04/13/16 02:14AM
Calm down I was just asking a question. There wasn't a need to snap. And I'm on regular Google and it doesn't really matter to me which version I'm on, just as long as I can use the site I'm fine.
DutchFucker
04/13/16 02:21AM
slayerduck said:
Added a comment on the css and js, that should refresh it. Try again now, mobile browsers tend to cache things forever.


I tried by deleting all it had stored twice, but it still goes off screen.
slayerduck
04/13/16 02:24AM
DutchFucker said:
slayerduck said:
Added a comment on the css and js, that should refresh it. Try again now, mobile browsers tend to cache things forever.


I tried by deleting all it had stored twice, but it still goes off screen.


Can't reproduce the issue, works on all mayor mobile browsers. What device and browser are you using?
DutchFucker
04/13/16 02:25AM
slayerduck said:
DutchFucker said:
slayerduck said:
Added a comment on the css and js, that should refresh it. Try again now, mobile browsers tend to cache things forever.


I tried by deleting all it had stored twice, but it still goes off screen.


Can't reproduce the issue, works on all mayor mobile browsers. What device and browser are you using?


Right now I'm using a windows phone, IE.
slayerduck
04/13/16 02:29AM
DutchFucker said:
Right now I'm using a windows phone, IE.


Okay i don't have a windows phone here to test it out on, only apple and android. I know someone who does though so I'll ask him to see if its an IE issue. I'll add it to the list for now.
A_Typical_Furry
04/13/16 02:34AM
slayerduck said:
DutchFucker said:
slayerduck said:
Added a comment on the css and js, that should refresh it. Try again now, mobile browsers tend to cache things forever.


I tried by deleting all it had stored twice, but it still goes off screen.


Can't reproduce the issue, works on all mayor mobile browsers. What device and browser are you using?


Still happens for me on Safari, iPod Touch running iOS 9.
Citrinephoenix
04/13/16 02:42AM
It goes off screen to the right when you are uploading a new image and adding tags
slayerduck
04/13/16 02:50AM
Citrinephoenix said:
It goes off screen to the right when you are uploading a new image and adding tags


Yep, this one i can reproduce. Adding this to the list to fix, should be fixed tomorrow.

A_Typical_Furry said:
Still happens for me on Safari, iPod Touch running iOS 9.


What exact page are you on?
A_Typical_Furry
04/13/16 03:00AM
slayerduck said:
Citrinephoenix said:
It goes off screen to the right when you are uploading a new image and adding tags


Yep, this one i can reproduce. Adding this to the list to fix, should be fixed tomorrow.

A_Typical_Furry said:
Still happens for me on Safari, iPod Touch running iOS 9.


What exact page are you on?

On the inbox. Both the message name and time received and the message itself drags to the right like in the first beta.
1 2345>>>


Reply | Forum Index